I broke 100

We bought bikes a few weeks ago and I've been enjoying some fairly good rides with Mike, Scott, Sue, and the girls. I've been keeping a bike journal of the stats for our rides so I could see the trends. Mike also has some cool stats he gathers from his iphone here. Today I've hit over 100 cumulative miles on our various rides and I'm quite pleased at how it's going.

The nice thing about bikes is how far you can go. A 2 mile walk with the dogs takes me about 45 minutes while a 15 mile ride will take about 1.5 hrs. I've also noticed that my endurance appears to be getting better. I'm able to increase the average speed on our rides and also stay in higher gears for much longer.

My biggest hope is to have buns of steel by the end of the year however there may be a small snag to that wish. I've been finding that I tend to overeat after the bike rides (ice cream, milkshakes, burgers, junk food) which puts me in a positive calorie range, not negative. I need to change my thought process so I don't put so much food/junk into my body after our rides.

I think Mike and I have gotten bit by the bike bug. I hope we continue to keep up with it especially when the icky humid summer comes.

Comments

-Jim said…
Woohoo! Congrats!

Summer is not as bad as you think it will be - the breeze will keep ya cool. And averaging 9 to 11? Lordy, you are making me look like I just started... ;-)