Woo-hoo....HAWAII!

So Mike and I have headed to the Big Island of Hawaii for our anniversary vacation. We usually vacation around the beginning of september for two reasons. First it's our anniversary (9/12) but most importantly it's usually off-season pretty much anywhere. Kids are just in school so parents aren't taking them on vacation, the weather is still fantastic, and vacationing tends to be a bit cheaper this time of year.

This year we've gone to the Big Island of Hawaii for 8 days. We were in Maui and Kauai for our honeymoon. We loved Hawaii so much that we wanted to come back but try a different island.

The time difference is really wreaking havoc with my system (6 hrs) and I'm surprised at how long it's been taking me to adjust to the time. We've already been here 6 days and I'm still waking up in the middle of the night. Unfortunately I'm resigned to the fact that I'll get used to Hawaii time just as we have to leave on friday. Oh well, that still doesn't detract from the really great time we're having here.

We've been slowly updating our activities on Mike's blog so I'm just going to link to it here. I'll update more on my blog but it'll just be random bits of thoughts and opinions that didn't fit in our daily activities.

Comments