Another room down, a gazillion more to go....

Okay, maybe not a gazillion but I don't think I'll ever be finished painting this house. Next house will be MUCH smaller. Least I finally finished painting the first floor hallway though. Since it's such an open space, I wanted to keep the colors relatively neutral but change it from the current color of off-white. After much consultation with Sue (she's my color consultant) I decided on stripes on the bottom half, below the chair-rail, and the lighter neutral color on top. Sue also made a really good suggestion of different glosses for the stripes so the darker color is semi-gloss while the lighter color is eggshell. The overall effect is subtle but definitely nice.


Unfortunately after painting the hallway, I realized how beat-up, dirty, and smudged our trim has gotten so my next step is to wash, patch, and repaint the trim. Then it'll be onto the garage hallway and back door vestibule next.

Comments

Sue in N. Va said…
And where's the model to show off the lovely painting? I don't see any handsome boys in the pictures!
Anonymous said…
That looks really great! Well done.