Only six months late

I finally finished Jen's last pair of socks I owed her for Christmas 2007. Needless to say, I don't think I'm going to promise her socks for this year but it was definitely fun. Socks knit up quickly so I have the instant gratification thing, plus it has enough different stitches that you don't get bored. For these socks, I used the Charade pattern, DPNs (double-pointed needles) #1, and Cherry Tree Hill Cherry Blossom yarn. I loved the yarn color but because it has so many different types of colors, I had to find a pattern that was relatively simple or else it would get lost in all the colors.


These came out quite nicely. The stitch pattern is stretchy enough to fit nicely on the leg/feet but will easily go over the heel (my Jaywalker socks I made were a bit tough to get over the heel). I really liked the way it turned out and I think Jen liked it too. After finishing this last pair, I was sure I wouldn't want to do anymore socks for a while but I already have the urge to start another pair!


I also finished square 4 for my Great American Aran Afghan (GAAA). There will probably be around 20-24 squares total so I still have a ways to go. I started this one for a slight change of variety. With the afghan squares, usually you're working on 2 or 3 different types of cables but it's pretty much the same thing the entire way up. For this square the pattern changes depending on what you're working on. Still was an easy knit, I am very very pleased by the chart diagrams and written instructions for GAAA. They are very clear and concise so knitting these squares is quite a pleasure.

Comments

Sue in N. Va said…
Socks!!

And you finished a square and didn't show me! *pouts*

It's very pretty!