Stitchin stuffages

Haven't blogged much about any of my stitching or other needlework stuff recently so I figured it was due time. I've been rather lax about my hobby recently. Instead I've been doing a lot of reading of various fantasy books. I rediscovered a book I loved as a teenager (which probably got me started in the whole fantasy novel vein) and was finally able to read the entire series (Tamora Pierce's Song of the Lioness quartet). I read the second book when I was in middle school but never found any of her other stuff. I thought of her recently and found all the books in the library so I gobbled them up in a matter of a few days, then I went and found other series she's done and went through those. Obviously as they are geared towards teenagers, the reading is easy but the storyline is very entertaining. I would consider the books on par with Harry Potter readings. Unfortunately when I do find books that intrigue me, everything else is excluded so I'll just spend my entire day reading instead of anything else.

After reading most of her books, I finally got back to my knitting and stitching. I've finally started on Jen's other half of her Christmas presents (she only got 2 of her 4 pairs of socks). I'm using a free pattern called Jaywalkers for these socks just to try something different. It's working out well so far except that the pattern isn't as flexible as regular stockinette stitches so it's a little bit tough to get over the heels.

I've also finally taken some updated pictures of some of my cross stitch pieces I've been mostly been picking at (just a couple of stitches added here and there). I seem to have mostly lost my stitching mojo so I can't stay focused on one project very long.

I've gotten a fair bit done on Wedding Sampler so far, with only one more page to go. It's not a hard pattern and it really shouldn't take me very long to finish it once I bear down and just do it.



Cirque des Cercles (CDC) is moving along quite nicely. The black fabric makes it a bit tough to find the right holes so I'm forever frogging bits of my stitching. Another easy one because I'm only using one variegated floss color so I don't have to switch around.

Then I've got my monster Chatelaine projects. Egyptian Garden is only about 35-40% finished so far AND I've got a LOT of beading still to do. I love the brilliant colors on this one.


Sue and I started Mystery X (Secret Victorian Garden) together at the beginning of 2008. We were trying to keep up with one part/month but the second part is just so large we couldn't stay on track. We're still working on Part 2 for this thing.

Comments

Nic said…
Wow you have been busy. And it is all gorgeous. You are have almost caught up to me on MX. I must make sure I bring it out for a little each week so that I can try and keep up with you and Sue from here on. I love your EG too, it's one I want to do too.