Halloween exchange

This post is way overdo. I originally put it off because I had to wait for my recipient to receive the package, but after she got it, I just never got around to posting about it.

Back in late August, a group of us decided to do a halloween/finishing exchange. The idea was to stitching a halloween theme piece and actually finish it into something neat (ie ornament, biscornu, fob, needlecase, etc). I found a cute Lizzie Kate design so I stitched it and finished it into a box ornament. Finishing a project is always a bit scary since you don't want to mess up your stitching by doing a crappy job. In this case, Sue and I did our finishing together to give each other some encouragement. I'm quite pleased with how the whole thing turned out and mailed the finished box with a lot of neat goodies (stitching chart, chart pack, chocolates, and yarn) to my recipient.

Whew, next is my Christmas ornament exchange! I don't think I'm going to do as many exchanges this year. As soon as a project because an obligation I always lose interest!