Black Friday shopping

We're hooked on xbox 360, it's a horrible horrible addiction with so many great games out, but it's a lot of fun. Since the 360 has been out for over a year, there are a lot of great titles out there, plus really good ones coming out all the time (unlike the PS3). We've already got several good games we're playing (and some we haven't even started) but there was a sale at Target we just couldn't resist.

A good friend of mine is quite a gamer and knows the type of games I enjoy. He highly recommend Orange Box as something I'd like. Orange Box contains 5 games: Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Chap 1, Half-Life 2: Chap 2, Portal, and Team Fortress 2. Half-Life games are shooters, but with quite an immersive story-line, unlike Halo. Portal is an extremely interesting puzzle game. I decided it would be a great (belated) birthday gift but I was waiting for a sale from Best Buy before getting it. Mike is a big racing fan, and is currently playing Project Gotham Racing 3 (PGR3). PGR4 has been released for a month or so, but he wanted to wait on buying it since he wasn't finished with PGR3, plus it would be a birthday or christmas present for him.

Imagine our surprise when I open the Target circular and find out that both Orange Box and PGR4 are on sale for $48 (regularly $60) after Thanksgiving. We decided to brave the crowds since we wanted these games. We headed to the Target in Reston at 9am, surprisingly there were absolutely no crowds at all. The Target was no busier than a typical saturday or sunday morning. We were in and out of there in about 5 minutes with the games in our grubby sweaty little hands.

I've already opened Orange Box and started Half-Life 2. It is quite fun, but I really need to hone my shooting skills...I suck! Portal is very very cool, I find myself thinking of solutions at the oddest times of the day on puzzles I'm stuck on. Mike is going to wait to start PGR4, but that's because he has more willpower than I do.

Comments