Everyone's doing it!

I guess all the blogging Mike does has made me a bit jealous and curious about the whole blogging thing. I did have a blog earlier about all our foster dogs, but that fell into disuse a couple of years ago.

Instead of just writing about foster dogs in this one, I think it'll be a rather eclectic mix of all the various things that interest me: dogs, stitching, reading, vegetating....

Can you believe it's only been 3.5 months since I've stopped working?? The first couple of months went by really fast since we were SO busy with cleaning out our gardens (remind me NOT to do that again next year), planning our vacation, and going on our vacation. We've been back for 4 weeks now and it's been a lot tougher to stay interested in things. Without something to keep my mind busy, it's a lot easier to turn into mush. Worst of all, I can't work out since I injured my medial plica while on vacation. Doc gave me some anti-inflammatory pills to get the inflammation down but I have to rest for a while, then build back up to exercising. Ugh, so sitting around and eating does not make for a skinny Kathie!!



Course with the new Harry Potter book, I have to go back and read through all my old books before reading the seventh. J.K. Rowling had planned it all out before ever publishing the books, so like Babylon 5, the previous books have lots of little clues and hints that work together to make a fantastic story. Which means that for the last 2.5 days I've just been sitting around with my head in the books trying to absorb as much as possible while looking for some wild clues on how it's supposed to turn out!

Comments