Time to move on

We got some mail from the foster home coordinator asking us if we wanted a break and needed to move Keebler. I knew it was time to move Keebler, since my first instinctive response to the mail was "No way, we really like him". So we're making travel plans for Keebler to move to another foster home who had him previously when Keebler was a puppy.

Still haven't heard from the vet about Keebler's lumps yet, but they will probably call us in the next few days. I'm not too worried since the vet said the lumps felt like fatty lumps, so there's probably only a slim chance that the lumps could be malignant.

I really enjoy having Keebler in the house. I think its been a while since we've had a dog this long. It doesn't help that he's so darn affectionate and has got great eyes. He won't move a muscle while you're petting him. All he needs is a home who will just shower him with lots of petting and kissing.

He's gotten pretty earnest about wanting to sleep on the bed. He'll rest his head on the bed just watching me, waiting for an invitation to come up. Since of course I'm so weak-willed, Mike has to call Keebler over to his side and make him lay down. That doesn't stop Keebler though. If I get up in the middle of the night, Keebler will hop over to my side of the bed and wait for the "Up" signal. Or if I don't get up, Keebler will usually bug me about 6am and I'll usually give in then and let him up for a few hours. It tough with 3 dogs though. I don't mind losing the space, but I don't think Mike enjoys it much. My only problem is losing the covers.

I'm going to have to try to get some extra photos of Keebler for my screensaver before he moves on to his next home. He's such an amazing dog, why do people give up such great dogs like him??

Comments